Tuesday, May 07, 2013

playing with the iPad mini

Well finally got the iPad Mini at WalMart on Saturday and opened it up last night.

[First I watched some iPad Mini videos on youtube.]

Went through some of the built-in apps.  Like Safari, mail, photos.  Figured out how to get some pictures into the photos camera roll (simply save the photo from email).

Looked through

Still want to try messaging and Facetime.  Just to see if it works.  And take some photos.

Next step is to install some apps.  But first I have to sign up for iTunes (and I suppose install iTunes on my computer so I can transfer files/photos).

Some of the apps I'm eyeing off the top of my head.

A browser so I can view hulu.  Maybe Puffin.

ESPN3

CNBC

StarAdvertiser, MidWeek, KHON, etc.

And of course games (Paper Toss looks interesting).  And I guess Angry Birds.

***

[later that night] OK, got iTunes installed and installed a few apps.  Like CNBC, WatchESPN, Angry Birds.  It took a little while to figure out, but finally was able to xfer some photos from my computer to the iPad. A bit unintuitive though.

One thing odd though, before I installed iTunes I plugged the iPad into the computer as the battery hit 5%.  It said it was charging.  But then after I installed iTunes, I noticed the iPad said "not charging".  Don't know if it was coincidence or what happened.

No comments: