Wednesday, September 04, 2013

updating Netflix Queue (My List) on iPad

The Netflix Instant Queue has become My List, but forgive me if I refer it to the queue since it's faster to type.  (Well, it's still Instant Queue on the Roku.)

Anyway, I built up my queue to nearly 500 items.  The problem is that it would take a long time to update on the ipad and sometimes it just wouldn't show up.

The queue seems buggy on the app.  Sometimes adding an item doesn't appear.  And deleting an item doesn't remove it.  [And sometimes it does.]

Plus you can't rearrange the items in the queue in the app.

So I generally do my searches and adds/deletes on the computer.  But again, the changes made on the computer doesn't mirror automatically on the ipad.  However it does update fairly quickly (within a minute it seems) on the Roku.

I thought maybe I had too many items in the queue and overloaded the app.  So I deleted the items and started added some back one by one.  But same problem (though the list wouldn't stall and lock up

Closing the app and restarting it didn't work.  However closing the app and totally shutting down and restarting the ipad worked.

But here's what I found seems to work the easiest.  Go to kids mode, then exit kids mode.  And that seems to update the queue!

I see there's a few apps that allow you to arrange the queue on the ipad.  Maybe I'll be trying one of those one of these days.

No comments: