Sunday, June 10, 2012

The Story of Math

(aka The Story of Maths) I noticed this being auctioned on eBay and decided, WTH, to place a bid.

It gets good reviews on Amazon where they're selling it for $40.93.  Hmm.  I was thinking of maybe like $7 or $8, so I ain't gonna get it.  (Right now the bid is up to $4.25 + $2.95 shipping with 3 days left.)

But then now I see that the video is available online though with Spanish (actually it's Portuguese) subtitles.  It's also on youtube (well technically the first one is on youtube too).

The following uploads seem pretty good (we'll see how long they stay up):

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

History of Maths (playlist)
Maths (playlist)

I see the DVDs has SDH subtitles, so that's one advantage.  Plus The Music of The Primes, a bonus documentary. Hmm.  I might up my bid to $10.  And it's on the wishlist of five members at paperbackswap.

***
More documentaries

Cosmos
Episode 1 (with subtitles)
Episode 2: A Personal Voyage
Episode 8
Episode 9
Episode 10
Episode 13
etc.

[Actually I see now it's on hulu.]

Connections (with James Burke)
Episode 1: The Trigger Effect
etc.

No comments: