Wednesday, April 22, 2015

auto-play

[5/14/15] Even though auto-play was set to off on the computer settings, noticed that Netflix still auto-plays in kid's mode (on the Fire TV at least).

[4/23/15] Auto-play for Netflix works on the iPad as well.  And I see a setting on Hulu Plus to turn on/off auto-play.

[4/22/15] OK, turned on Netflix auto-play on the computer.  Seeing if it works on the Fire TV.  Yep.  How about the Apple TV?  Yep.  Roku HD?  Nope.  Maybe it's because it uses the old interface.

Here's the summary.  Amazon Fire TV can turn on/off auto-play for both Netflix and Hulu Plus.  Apple TV can turn on auto-play for Netflix, but not Hulu Plus.  Roku HD can turn on auto-play for Hulu Plus, but not Netflix.  My guess is that the Roku 3 can do both.

[4/22/15] Noticed youtube doesn't auto-play on the Fire TV.  It auto-plays on the Apple TV and Roku.  Sometime you might not want it to auto-play.  Funny, this post indicates that youtube does auto-play on the Fire TV.  This one too.  (Ah, I see you can turn on/off Netflix autoplay for all devices from the settings on the computer.  I'll check on this later.)

Hmm.  Now it's auto-playing NatGeoWild videos.  Maybe it just got stuck earlier.  Or maybe it's where you play the videos from?

[4/8/15] Hey, now I see there's an option to turn off/on autoplay for Hulu Plus on the Roku.  Cool.  Now I'm wondering if there's a way to turn on Hulu autoplay on the Apple TV?  [Apparently not, but you can turn it off on the computer.]

[3/26/15] Hey, now I see I can customize the Hulu Plus captions from the Hulu Plus settings.  Font, color, transparency.  I can also turn on/off auto-play.  Things are looking up.  Now if they would do the same for Netflix.

[split off from the Amazon Fire TV audition post]

No comments: