Friday, June 06, 2014

bing vs. google

I did a search for the following text which was in the Hawaiian Electric insert that they include with the bill

"when you look at the lines on a utility pole, you may notice there are several sets of lines"

when I entered it in bing, I didn't find the document I was looking for

but when I entered it in google, I did

Then I entered it in bingiton and it came out with the result I was looking for.

So why is the result on bing and bingiton different?  Hmm.

Now I started bingiton fresh and entered the search, and bing doesn't have it.  Hmm again.

...  Funny when I enter the search phrase without the w of the when, Bing finds it.  That's because the W in the pdf file is actually a graphic W and not a text w.  So google appears to be smarter.

(But I still use Bing because they give me 15 cents a day to do 30 searches.)

No comments: