Thursday, June 13, 2013

transferring photos from RZR to computer

I still use a Motorola RZR V3 phone.  Works fine for me.

But now t-mobile is shutting down their album service at the end of this month.  So I figured I better transfer my photos from my phone to the album and then download them to my computer before the time was up.

However, when I go to the album, I get a blank screen.

I figured maybe it's blank because they removed my photos from there and if I send the photos again from my phone it would appear.

But when I tried to send the photos, I got a failure message.

So how to get the photos off the phone?

Well, this site says I could use a usb cable or bluetooth.

Well, I don't have any usb cable that fits my phone.  The one for my camera doesn't fit.  And neither does the one for my printer.

Then I tried using bluetooth, which I have never tried before.  Turned on bluetooth on my ipad mini and then fiddled around and turned on bluetooth for the phone.  The iPad actually saw the phone for a little while but then said the connection was not compatible or something.

So I was about to give up.

But then while looking at the photos, I noticed a send option.  This is normally to send to another phone.  There's was an option to create new email address.  So evidently you could send it to an email address.  Well selecting new email address did nothing.  So what I did was create a phone entry for me with just my email address.  And then I sent the picture to that entry.  And it worked!

I could even get the picture on my ipad that way.  Sending it to the camera roll actually send five images which are headings and junk, so you need to delete the extraneous images.  But it works!

Well, one picture worked.  I'll do the rest later as my battery was low and I had to recharge it.

No comments: