Friday, July 16, 2010

clearing firefox browsing history

For some reason, I can't clear one one certain item in my firefox browsing history.

Normally you press the down-arrow in the address bar to bring up the most visited url's. Then move the mouse arrow to highlight the item and press delete. That will delete the item. But when I did that, one item still remained. Well two items, one was google.com, so that's OK. But the other one was a private website.

They even remain when I go tools, clear recent history, and clear everything.

Ah there you go, it was in unsorted bookmarks (go to bookmarks, organize bookmarks). Found it and deleted it and now it's gone. I forget why I looked at this. I might have been been after looking at this article or similar (found from searching mozilla support) and happened to look there. (Don't know for sure because I deleted all my history and can't look back to see now :)

***

Ah, now I'm getting to see how the items get in the address bar history. It doesn't appear at first. But accessing the website, the next time you type a few letters in the address bar, the website appears. Then after you select the website, it's now in the choices in the address bar history.

No comments: