Sunday, February 12, 2006

metapad

I've been using editpad for a while as a text editor replacement for notepad. The main problem with notepad is that it has a size limitation. The other main limitation for me is that it doesn't allow one to change the background color (though I see now that it does allow one to change the font).

EditPad fixes that problem, however, the "old" editpad has a bug where linebreaks occasionally appear mysteriously in large files. The newer version, EditPad Lite, fixes this bug, but highlights URLs which is a feature not always desirable to me.

I'm trying out metapad (as mentioned on frwr-news). It seems to handle both of these problems OK. The only quirk I notice so far (on my 1 minute of trying it out) is that that text begins one column over from the left.

Actually, looking again at EditPad Lite, I see I can turn off the syntax coloring for html documents. OK, maybe I'll stick with EditPad Lite then.

No comments: