Monday, February 13, 2006

digital cameras

My digital cameras are quite old. My Sony Mavica (with floppy!) still works but the picture isn't that clear. My other camera is a Fuji FinePix 1400Zoom which takes sharper pictures but seems to be flakey with the power often shutting down. (Maybe it needs newer batteries, but they test OK.)

Anyway it may be soon time for a new camera. I'd like to get a camera with a 10x or better zoom (since that's what my Sony has), but those are pretty expensive. Maybe I'll try for a a cheaper camera for general use.

Anyway, I'm writing this because I see that the Fuji FinePix F10 has won the Digital Imaging Websites Association's Platinum Award as "Best Digital Amateur Camera".

Here's a review. It has a 3x optical zoom and has a video function. It uses an XD Picture card and an NP-120 Lithium-Ion battery. The price? Amazon lists it at $289.99 (sold and shipped by TigerDirect). That's actually kind of higher than I was looking for because I can get a higher zoom camera for not much more.

No comments: