Saturday, February 14, 2015

some of my fonts look funny

after I did a Vista update.

Here's the info

I did the following updates and now my fonts look different and bad.

(edit, turns out it was this specific update:)
KB3013455

I made no other changes to the computer, only these updates.

Some fonts seem the same as before, such as the fonts in the task bar. Others are weird, like the text I am typing right now is variably too fat or too skinny, with jags and dots, like it was printed with a messed up old typewriter or something...  Most of the fonts on this web page look messed up. The main fonts on wikipedia look clear, but larger (and maybe a different font) than they used to, but the menus and side bars look horrible and jaggy like this text here. It also effects my text editor program (it's not only a web browser thing).

***

I also have a Vista SP2 machine with fonts nearly unreadable after applying today's Ms patches.
I uninstalled "Security Update for Windows Vista (KB3013455)" which impacted TrueType fonts (MS15-010) and my issue is resolved.
Fonts are readable, once again.

No comments: