Sunday, February 02, 2014

SD over HD?

It seems to me like 95% of the people I know still watch SD TV even though HD is available to them.

Granted these are probably older people that grew up on SD.  And they know that SD channel number and not the HD channel numbers.

Furthermore they usually watch the picture stretched out of proportion on a wide-screen TV.  That kind of annoys me, but I guess they're used to it.  And some people seem to even prefer watching SD over HD (even though the screen is out of proportion and the picture is blurry).

I wonder if my experience is the same as others.  So I'll google it.

And here's a couple of links.

why do people watch SD programming on HDTV sets

step away from the SD

yep.

I guess it's kind of like Frank Barone preferring his scratchy LPs to digital CDs.

No comments: