Thursday, February 17, 2011

WTH Oceanic DVR?

I just took a look at the shows recorded on my Oceanic DVR. Only three are left!

Somehow they all got set to erase after a certain amount of days and those older than a couple of weeks are gone!

And the option to change the save time of the recorded ones is gone (at least I don't see it now).

I'm pissed, err I mean somewhat upset... Well good thing I recorded most of the ones I wanted to keep already.

***

OK, now I see the option to change save time. Select the show and the option is two above Play. (The option is missing for the show currently being played.) It's like I turned on the option to auto-erase without realizing it. I'll blame it on myself this time, unless I see a bunch of other complaints around this time.

I still think the box reset and the settings changed. The power did get unplugged this morning.

Looking more. Turning on auto-erase shouldn't have erased the shows that were set to do not erase. So I'm back to blaming Oceanic.

***

Hey cool. I see it's possible to upgrade your DVR (this model anyway) by plugging in an external hard drive.

No comments: