Saturday, January 22, 2011

power, then no power, then power, etc.

Here's an odd one.

I took home Florida's computer which they said wouldn't boot. I plugged it in and as I soon as I plugged in the power cord the thing powered up! (Didn't press the power button.)

So all seemed well. I then saw the thing had only 256MB of memory. It turns out it took DDR memory and I found I had a 128MB module available and inserted it.

Plug everything back in and no power! OK, now I see their problem.

Remove the added memory. Still no power.

OK, unplug it. And put back the other computer.

A day or so later, I try plugging it in again and it worked!

OK, try shut down. Pull out the power cord. Wait a couple of minutes. Plug in the power cord again. Doesn't power up again!

Dunno. Maybe it's the power supply?

I guess I can try put in another. Or just wait until the next day and try again.

Stay tuned..

No comments: