Sunday, October 24, 2010

light anti-virus programs?

I'm using a machine that has only 384MB. And now working on a laptop that has like 228MB (or something like that).

I'm wondering what anti-virus program I should use to put on these machines that won't hog the precious resources (I know, I should actually increase the memory but..)

Anyway, I found this page via Yahoo (via this google search) that answers the question better than I could.

The conclusion?

If I would to compare between the few giant antivirus brands such as Avast, Avira, Norton and Kaspersky, I’d say that Avast is the lightest of all.

That's a little disappointing because I use Avast on my 384MB machine and it often thrashes to memory when running firefox.

Well, let me run a compare on the laptop which currently has AVG 8.5 installed.

No comments: