Friday, March 26, 2010

my old Apex DVD player

I'm using Donna's old DVD Apex AD-1500 player in my room, which works except her remote broke. But I'm using Sue's remote which works for her old Apex [AD-1200 I think] player which broke. (Or was it the other way around? Doesn't matter too much I guess. Come to think of it, I bought both of those players as gifts to them. Actually I first gave Sue my old Fisher player, but I didn't like the picture of the Apex as well as the Fisher, so I swapped it.)

Anyway. The DVD player no longer ejects. The belt broke. I know it broke because I could see the broken belt when the drawer opened. I was going to give it away or trash it. But I think I'll keep it because I figured out how to work it. (In the meantime, I opened it up and tied the belt to one of the group of wires, so the belt doesn't muck anything up.)

To eject, press the eject button so that the Open message appears on the LCD panel (or is it LED? I think it's LED because it's emitting the light). Then tip the player down, so that gravity opens the drawer. [Hey, even easier. Turn off the power, then tip the player.]

To play, turn off the power. Open the drawer. Put the DVD in. Push the drawer all the way in. Then turn on the power.

Somehow this seems in keeping that I'm watching the picture on a Commodore 1702 monitor 8)

No comments: