Friday, November 20, 2009

Arlene's computer

This is her new Dell (Dimension E521) that didn't get video last time (for me). I took it down to CyberLife and they got a picture on boot. Took it home, still no picture. Switched monitors. Picture. Next day, no picture. Back to CyberLife. They found a corrupted video driver.

Anyway, this time she got infected with a fake anti-security software virus. But when I booted it up, it looked like the file was already deleted. I ran Malwarebytes to get rid of the residual traces. Several times. Also ran AVG and Windows Defender.

Updated AVG Free from 8.5 to 9.0.

Saw HP Photoshop Express on her desktop. Kept saying needed HP Photoshop Essential to run. Downloaded and installed Essential. That runs, but Express still gets the message. I dunno. I guess use Essential instead of Express.

No comments: