Saturday, June 13, 2009

saving flv files

I saw there were some episodes of Quantum Canine at the Fact TV Media Gallery.

The video files are in flv format and at first I couldn't figure out how to save them. Keepvid didn't work. But I finally was able to do it in IE using these instructions. Though I had to increase the space allocated to the temporary internet files. I tried uploading to youtube, but the file was too big. They only take video 10 minutes long and these are 30 minutes.

The next problem was how to play it from my computer. Apparently I didn't have any program on my computer that could play flv files. Windows Media Player didn't work. So I tried flvplayer and vlcplayer both among the most popular video players on download.com. I liked vlcplayer better.

[via kimodog]

No comments: