Tuesday, June 17, 2008

mailing labels

This was harder to find than I thought. Lorna was looking for a program to enter customer addresses and print out mailing labels for a mailer.

This seemed simple enough. And in the old days, I might have whipped out a QuickBasic program to do that job.

But I decided to look for some freeware to do this. And couldn't find it. Especially because I was looking for only free programs.

I wound up using the Contacts list in Yahoo Mail. You can enter clients addresses and print out labels. However the labels printed a little off (too low on the label) and only three lines printed out. Well it was good enough for them.

Anyway, I was browsing through WinSite and came up with StatTrack Address Manager. It sounds promising but I didn't try it yet. Hmm. Maybe the search will go on. The demo is limited to five names.

Well I guess WinSite has a few more to look at.

No comments: