Friday, December 23, 2005

Storing Photos Online

There have been several place that I've used (or seen others use) to place their photos on the internet

One of the first I tried was photopoint which is now out of business. That's where I won my Fuji camera.

Another early one was webshots. I still have some photos there, but I haven't used it for new photos lately.

Then there is Yahoo! I'm using this as my stand-by for quick uploads of photos.

Lately, I've been uploading the photos to imageshack and then creating webpages linking the photos stored there.

I even used myspace.com and added photos to my blog (though the photos were uploaded to imageshack). Come to think of it, I probably could do that here on blogger too.

(For example, here's a pretty neat graphic that Brian posted as a comment on Bob's myspace.)



The Kodak Gallery seems to be popular with some people I know.

Now the latest one I'm looking at is flickr, which is now part of Yahoo!

[7/20/07] Yahoo photos will be closing on 9/20/07 and is being supplanted by flickr. Flickr is now the second most popular photo site trailing photobucket, which apparently leads by a mile. Yahoo is allowing users to transfer their photos to flickr as well as shutterfly, photobucket, Kodak Gallery, snapfish.

No comments: