Friday, August 12, 2005

DSL vs. cable

With all the problems I've been having with my internet connection (I'm suspecting more and more that it's Verizon that's at fault. It may have something to do with lowering my throughput to 500 Kbps since I'm on the cheapie package now. I used to get something like 1.3 Mbps on the mcafee speedometer).

I wondered perhaps maybe the problem was running Windows ME since my WMC computer seemed to perform better when I hooked it up. It looks like it meets system requirements, but then I ran across the verizon page comparing DSL to cable.

Naturally DSL beats cable in cost, but it lagged in probably three most important categories: performance & reliability, customer service, and email. Here's the results:


Verizon RoadRunner
cost ***** ***
billing ***** ****
image **** ****
performance & reliability *** ****
customer service *** ****
email *** ****

No comments: