Saturday, July 09, 2005

PrintMaster Express

PrintMaster Express is a Print Shop type program available free from Broderbund. (The link was from freeware news.)

I haven't actually tried it but it must be pretty good since the folks at Broderbund are known for high quality software. They were the original publishers of the Print Shop program I used to use on my Apple II. They are now the publishers of both the Print Shop and PrintMaster (I think they bought it from somebody else). I guess that's one way to corner the market.

2 comments:

Casey said...

I have one of the older versions of PrintMaster and it really sucks.

The formats are all proprietary so you can't export the data or send it to a printer for bulk printing.

A much better product that I like is Art Explosion Publisher Pro. Under $99 and it has tons of professional templates. The clip art that comes with it is quite awful but I never use them anyway. In a related matter, avoid Art Explosion 300,000. It's about the most crummy set of clip art I've seen.

Mike said...

Wow! Somebody actually reads my blog?